David, Sr. left for church early this morning before the rest of us were awake.
The big kids woke up a bit late (6:45), being tired from a late night at church on Wednesday and Thursday. I had cinnamon toast ready to go so that we'd be able to eat in the car, if needed.
I got David dressed as Allyssa woke up. I helped her into her clothes to hurry her along. Teeth were brushed before breakfast so that we wouldn't have to go back upstairs. Hair was braided.
David started eating breakfast and Allyssa started working on the homework assigned on Wednesday and due Friday that she didn't get done due to class on Wednesday at church and a service on Thursday at church. I already had lunch made and was packing it up.
I loaded up the car with her lunch bag and my purse and got the doors to the van open for the kids. I put David's shoes on and sent him and the rest of his breakfast to the car. I told Allyssa to stop doing her homework and get her shoes on while I was getting David buckled. I tied Allyssa's shoes and sent her to the car while I ran upstairs to wake Kaytlin. I grabbed Allyssa's homework and a clipboard on the way out the door, ran back for Allyssa's breakfast after buckling Kaytlin, locked the door and got everything situated in the car.
While Allyssa ate breakfast, we listened to Heidi (book on tape). When she was done, we turned it off so that she could work on her homework while we drove.
We dropped her off at school, homework done, but show-and-tell forgotten, and headed for home.
At home, David was ready to trim trees. He spent much of the morning in a tree with a stick (his saw) tied to a rope pretending to cut it and telling me how to cut my tree. Kaytlin just watched; she did not want to step on the wet grass. We had a snack, and David headed out to trim some more trees. I cleaned the kitchen before trimming more trees myself.
When the rain started, we came inside to read books, make a sticker page, and draw with window markers on the windows (Noah's Ark, of course, it was raining). I made lunch. We ate. Kaytlin went down for a nap.
I worked with David on reading. He's excited that he'll learn a new letter tomorrow.
He decided to organize the magnets on the refrigerator in alphabetical order. I started prepping supper. He found out we will have breaded chicken tonight, and had me use the letters to spell Chickfila on the refrigerator. He asked if we could have fruit like he has at Chickfila with supper. I am out of fruit. He decided to pretend mixed veggies are fruit. Then he decided to pretend that the magnets are ice cream and started pretending that he was making ice cream in a big bowl.
It is just before 1pm.
No comments:
Post a Comment