Sunday, December 15, 2013

Camo

David, Jr. loves soldiers. Last year around this time, he asked we could send a package to a soldier. We wound up sending several packages over the course of several months (until he came home) to a solider stationed overseas. The young man was kind enough to write notes back to David. He loved these notes (they are still tucked away in his secret hiding place). His name is still a common one in our house.

This year, he thought it would be nice to send care packages to a friend of ours. Our friend though is not stationed overseas and while he might love beef jerky and cookies, I gently explained to David, Jr. that it wasn't quite the same, and we came up with another plan.

A few nights ago, our friend came to work in uniform. After church I asked his if he had seen our friend in his uniform. David replied, "No, Mom. He was in camouflage."

Of course. I should have realized that he would be invisible in church in his camo.


No comments:

Post a Comment