Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Even in Australia

I really didn't think this week could get more stressful.

1. I agreed to cook for 60 people.

2. David, Jr. was supposed to have his first fire ant allergy shot. It was cancelled due to his cough, but they didn't tell us that if he has a cough not to bring him. We adjusted all of our schedules so that he could go get this shot that he didn't even get. 

3. On my way to take David to school from the non-existent allergy shot appointment, I discovered that my addresses in the GPS were gone. I typed in the address. It took me to East Tidwell and not West Tidwell (but didn't say "East" or "West" so I didn't know). I thought my problem was that I got on the HOV (The GPS told me to) and that the HOV lanes had changed (which they had), so after I got off the HOV road, I thought I could still follow the GPS. Nope. I wound up getting really mixed up. I didn't even know which highway I was on. There was a car accident and whatever highway I was on was shut down. I finally figured out which road I was on and asked David to get me to school. He told me to turn off the GPS and just do what he told me to. I left the GPS on, but followed his instructions, once I turned onto Tidwell, I realized that it wasn't taking me to West Tidwell, but East. It took an hour and a half to get to school. It should have taken 15 minutes.

4. I don't like crying in front of people. I cried in the school office. My blood pressure was so high that I didn't even feel like I could walk well. I made it to David's classroom and dropped him off. Leaving his classroom, I ran into a mom of a child in Allyssa's classroom. She mentioned that her child has a dietary restriction, and I'm bringing food to Allyssa's classroom on Friday. I was trying very hard not to start bawling while she was telling me about it. I'm sure my facial expressions weren't all that friendly. As soon as I got outside, I was crying again. I went over to David's office and sat their a while until I felt like I could drive again.

5. The air conditioning leaked.
Sadly, this picture doesn't even show all of the damage to our bedroom ceiling. We discovered the leak at 11pm Sunday night. The next hour was spent sucking up a ton of water with the shop vac.

6. When the A/C repair man came to fix it, he cleared out the line. That caused the kids' bathroom sink to clog. As the A/C would produce condensation or whatever it does, it would cause the sink to fill. It took all day, a lot of Draino, and a shop-vac, but we got it fixed.

7. I work tomorrow. While it is only 3 hours, I am not looking forward to going to work. I just want to hide at home for a week or maybe a month.

8. I agreed to do Book Cooks for Allyssa's class on Friday. I knew when I was told what day I was doing it that this week was going to be busy. I should have asked if there were any alternate weeks available, but I didn't. I keep reminding myself that it will matter more to Allyssa that I am there than it will matter if I am fancy with the food. I think I'll just take some cookies and call it a day.

Add that to the normal, every day stresses that a mom has, and well, I just want my husband to come home and give me a hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment