Thursday, June 4, 2015

Free books for reading!

David, Jr. was so excited about the possiblilty of getting a new book. He sat down and read 8 Arch books in a row (telling me about each in between each book). Allyssa didn't want to miss out on the fun, so she also read 8 books. They were all picture books, but since we are doing so many reading programs, I don't feel that it matters if she reads 8 picture books for a prize and then reads 10 chapter books besides.

Barnes and Nobel was the first reading program that we did. David was not at all thrilled with the choices of free books, so I let him choose a different book and Kaytlin got to choose his free book to keep for herself. David's book was about $6, so this read program did cost a little bit, but it was still really fun!

Allyssa chose  The Mouse and the Motorcycle by Beverly Cleary.
Kaytlin chose Pinkalicious and the Fairy House by Victoria and Elizabeth Kann.
David chose and abridged and illustrated version of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne.



Check out my big list of summer reading programs here.

3 comments:

  1. How strict are they about the 1st grade age requirement? I'd love to do this one with Ben, but he's only 3. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure. They did not question my kids' ages. I didn't do my 3 year old though. I did the 6 year old and 8 year old. I think that they are wanting the kids to be able to read the books themselves and that is why they have the age restriction. I was sad last year when my son was 5 and couldn't do it because he could read. I might have been able to do it anyway, but he didn't mind when I told him it was just for first graders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotcha! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete