Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Conversations

Lunch today was full of interesting conversations. Most days are like this.

A: "David likes me. David think I'm fun. David thinks I'm funny."
M: "He sure does!"
A: "I don't need a nap today. I will play."
M: "That's a matter of opinion."
A: "I will close my eyes."
M: "Good."
A: "King Ranch Chicken is all gone."
M: "That's right."
A: "We will buy more at the store."
M: "We don't buy King Ranch Chicken at the store. Mommy makes it."
A: "Mommy will make you more."
M: "We don't have any chicken."
A: "We will buy more at the store. We're all out of King Ranch Chicken!"

A: "David is all done. He doesn't like that."
M: "I don't think he's all done, but you're right, he didn't like that." (Peas, he's not a fan.)
A: "David is not all done."
M: "Nope. He wanted yogurt."
A: "I want a banana."
M: "Eat all your vegetables, then you can have a banana."
(mouth full of vegetables) A: "Now banana. King Ranch Chicken is all gone."

A: "The red flower is hiding." (There's a red flower outside the window that she can't see when she's sitting in her booster seat.)
M: "That's right."
A: "All done. Pray."
M: "Mommy hasn't eaten yet."
(I shove a couple of bites in knowing that both kids are ready for naps.)
A: "Now pray. No. Mommy's still chewing.... Now pray."

And that was lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment