Friday, Diagnoses:
Allyssa had been congested since Tuesday, but we didn't want to take her to the doctor to get checked out because we didn't want to expose her to the swine flu. By Friday, we knew we had to take her in. With a fever of 99, some congestion, and little else bothering her, David took her to the doctor. She has swine flu. By bedtime, her fever was 102.
I did well trying to keep the kids separated so that David, Jr. wouldn't get sick. It was working well until Allyssa gave David a piece of half-eaten bread. Yeah, if that won't spread germs, I don't know what will.
Saturday, Vomit:
We were mentally preparing ourselves for the worst. We had a fresh can of Lysol, some Clorox wipes handy, and plenty of rags and floor cleaner. I did well to keep the kids separated. Well, until Allyssa vomited on the floor in David's room, granted he wasn't holding her hair, but still, it was in his room. She only threw up once that day. Fever of 100. Really sleepy.
Sunday, Tired Girl:
Allyssa slept 19 hours today. The fresh can of Lysol is almost empty. No vomit. Fever of 100. I spent all day bleaching and cleaning things. Even the toys in the tub have seen bleach. Hopefully tomorrow she'll wake up happy.
Monday, Cranky Girl:
Allyssa woke up much earlier than she had the past couple of days. Thought that was a good sign. Nope. Cough is really bad. Trip to doctor. Her lungs are okay, but some steroids need to be added to her Albuterol in her nebulizer and she needs a cough medicine for bedtime. She refuses to take her Tamiflu. The pharmacy visit was horrible. A 15-20 minute wait was more like a 50 minute wait. Allyssa was very tired, fussy, wanted to play, kept trying to run around the store and laughed at me when I'd go get her. David was hungry and mad that I wasn't nursing him. Meanwhile, a man kept wanting to touch David and talk to Allyssa. I tried to make it abundantly clear that he should leave, but he would not. I literally turned away from him while he was talking to my children (I was holding them). I felt immediate remorse, but simply couldn't handle any more. Looking forward to healthiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment