Sunday, January 31, 2010

Nap Time

Allyssa doesn't nap anymore. She hasn't since sometime in November, really. There has been the occasional nap (maybe three or four total), but for the most part, none. She especially gets tired when she is sick or her asthma is bothering her, but it doesn't make a difference to her napping for the most part. I started letting her have a Bag of Fun and a basket of books in her room just so that she has some time to herself, and I get some time to myself. It works out pretty well. I consistently get 20 minutes. If she needs to use the potty, she often will come out to tell us, but sometimes does not and has an accident. For a while she was pulling all her toys out and leaving heaps of them on the floor. I would find her laying on her daddy's giant fish (thanks Sarah and Rachel, one day maybe your kids would each like giant pillows ;) ) singing or talking. Then she realized that every time she made a mess like that, she had to clean it up before doing something fun. Now, her rooms stays pretty clean. Today, a pretty typical day, she came out to let us know she had an accident. We cleaned her up and sent her back in, but she didn't want to go. I gave her more stickers (I have lots of stickers for this purpose). She was pleased for a while, then came out asking for two more books. Again, she was pleased for a while. And that is what naps look like for Allyssa these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment