Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pancake Day, Shrove Tuesday, and Mardi Gras

These are all different names for the same day, the day before Ash Wednesday. We're going to celebrate this year, and I'm excited. Because I need activities for Allyssa to keep her occupied and because it is fun to celebrate, we're going to have a Mardi Gras/Shrove Tuesday Weekish time and a Pancake Day on that Tuesday. I'm using things from this website. I couldn't find any fun activities for Shrove Tuesday, but I did find a coloring page for Pancake Day and we'll have pancakes for supper that night. Mardi Gras is a pretty well-known day, so there are lots of coloring pages for that. I might branch out and make a mask for her to decorate. I'm not sure. Either way, I'm excited! It is one week that we won't have to only do Valentine coloring pages and activities.

We've actually already started on Valentine's Day things. She has a heart wreath on her door and today we made cards for her grandparents. We also did some spring flowers for her door. She likes having things taped to her door a lot, so once Christmas was over, I was itching for a project that would allow me to take the Christmasy stuff off her door without her being sad. No reason to make her sad, just needed a project to replace it!

Anyway, join me in the fun and let me know what projects you're working on and what your plans are for February!

No comments:

Post a Comment