Tuesday, April 13, 2010
A different kind of challege
Over at Real Reedy Angie talks about a different kind of challenge today. This really touched me. Especially on a day like today, a week like this week, a 1/2 month like this 1/2 month. After 13 days of antibiotics, my little girl is not better. Another trip to the doctor today yielded yet a new medicine that is supposed to make her feel better. When she doesn't feel well, she is fussy, on edge, easily frustrated and angered. She has accidents, she says that she can't do things that she can. She is obstinate. And days like today a different kind of challenge does sound fun. While my life-long goal of being a stay-at-home mom has been just that, life-long, that doesn't mean that I didn't dream of other jobs as well. It also doesn't mean that I didn't want to do what I went to school to do. It doesn't mean that I didn't want to be in public ministry. On a day like today, I sometimes think it might be easier to trade my day in for a day in a church office or a school classroom full of teens. And for a day, it probably would be exhilarating, but I know that as days turned into weeks, months, and years, I wouldn't see the same reward. I'm still finding all the rewards of being a stay-at-home mom. Each day, they are new. A cute comment that I would have otherwise missed. A smile that my fussy at 4pm until bedtime baby wouldn't have given me if I hadn't been here. These are simple rewards that I am blessed to have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment