My mom is incredible. Sometimes I think about all that she did for us and am amazed.
My mom is married to my very awesome dad. I am married to my very awesome husband.
When we were really little (like my kids are now) my dad farmed. He was gone all day long every day of the week (except for church). David works 6 days a week, odd hours some times and normal hours other times, but he is almost always home for breakfast, lunch, and supper.
Mom took care of us three kids. I take care of my two kids.
We lived out in the country. I live in a small town, but there is a Wal-mart just down the street.
My mom didn't have a support network. I have my mom, my sister, David's family, and countless other friends and relatives. I also have a MOPS group.
The differences in my mom's life when we were little and my life now with little kids is obvious. She taught me a lot about raising kids.
My mom trusted in God to get her through every day. When she didn't know what to do she didn't always have a person to call on the phone like I can whip out my cell phone and do, but she always knew where to turn. I think that it is harder for me to trust in God every day in the same way that she did because I can call people and get advice so easily, but my mom continues to inspire me to call upon Him who knows exactly what is right (even if it is hard).
Today my prayer is for my kids, that one day when they are all grown up that they think about how much God understands exactly what they are going through and cares about every bit of their lives, that on good day and bad days and on those days that can't be classified either way, that they know that God loves them so much. Why pray that they know that when they are all grown up? Because I already know that they know that now as Allyssa said to me yesterday, "Jesus died on the cross for me. He is in Heaven. He wants me to be with Him because He loves me." The faith of a child is amazing.
How powerful parents are! I told Allyssa one time that Grandma would fix something that I didn't know how to fix. Time passed, and I never got around to asking Grandma to fix it. So one day, I fixed it, right in front of Allyssa. I had told her so many times that Grandma would do it that she told me, "Grandma fixed it." It was really quite silly because she had just seen me fix it. However, she believes what I tell her. When God gives us the blessing of raising kids, He gives us such power to shape their minds. Some parts of the Bible are really quite amazing. I mean, really, the blind seeing, the dead becoming alive! These things just don't happen. As I tell my kids these stories and as they learn more and more, I pray that God works in my kids just has He has always done that their faith grows and grows.
No comments:
Post a Comment