Sunday, November 6, 2011

38 weeks!

I've never made it this far in a pregnancy.

I delivered Allyssa at 33 weeks. I was very sick before and after my pregnancy with her. It took 5 days after I delivered to not be at seizure level with my blood pressure and 8 weeks after I delivered for my blood pressure to be normal without medication and my kidney that had quit working to heal.

My doctor said it was okay to try again. The likelihood of getting preeclampsia a second time was slim. I looked it up. 30% chance of getting it.

Upon becoming pregnant again, I felt that I would again get sick, so I asked the doctor to take special care to test me frequently so that it would be caught before I got as sick as a I did with Allyssa. My doctor did just that.

I made it to 37 weeks and 6 days with David, Jr. While that is really close to 38, my doctor did not count it as 38. That was likely because the ultrasound the day that I delivered revealed that my placenta quit working at 100% and measured at 35 weeks and that David, Jr. had not been receiving adequate nutrition for a few weeks.

Thankfully, he was a healthy baby, and I was not sick after his birth.

Today I was asked if I was ready to be done with this pregnancy. I didn't know how to answer it accurately. From what I gather, most women don't have the same problems that I had with my first two pregnancies. With my history, I am simply thrilled to be pregnant at this point. She can stay in there until they have to keep me from going into labor. (I've never gone into labor and don't plan on starting that now.)

I'm so thrilled to still be pregnant! 38 weeks is something I never thought I'd say!

No comments:

Post a Comment