Sunday, December 25, 2011

Top Holiday Likes and Dislikes

I read Renee's post about her holiday likes/dislikes, and thought it would be fun to join in. You can read her post here. My list of dislikes is much shorter than my list of likes.

Laura's Top Holiday Dislikes:
1. The Christmas Story movie: shooting your eye out is not my style of holiday
2. A Christmas Carol movie: I hate the whole premise of the angel taking you back to see what you did and forward to see what it caused.
3. Go Tell It on the Mountain: This song doesn't even sound like it belongs in the holiday; the tune leaves much to be desired.
4. Christmas sweaters: I totally don't understand the obsession with the tacky Christmas sweater. Actually, I really don't care all that much for sweaters at all.

Laura's Top Holiday Likes:
1. Making Christmas cookies with the kids
2. Carmel clusters
3. Christmas Eve Candlelight service
4. Leftover turkey casseroles
5. Silent Night (I long for the day when I have one); Away In A Manger; O Come, O Come Immanuel; O Little Town of Bethlehem; Oh Holy Night; What Child is This?
6. Overly-lit trees (mine has around 3600 lights)
7. Lights on houses
8. Decorated mantles
9. Christmas cards

1 comment:

  1. I have many of the same favorites. I really love getting Christmas cards in the mail, I love the typed letter, the cards, and the enclosed pictures. Alas, many people have stopped sending them. But I love going to the mailbox and getting real mail. Christmas is just a cool holiday!

    ReplyDelete