A friend of mine is listing 12 things she's looking forward to in 2012, and I thought I'd join in. Here is my list in no particular order.
1. Kaytlin starting to eat solids
2. Stopping breastfeeding
3. Significant birthdays for all of my kids (Allyssa will turn 5; David will turn 3; Kaytlin will turn 1)
4. Homeschooling Kindergarten with Allyssa
5. Trip to Lubbock this summer to visit Grandma Juanita (she hasn't seen David, Jr. yet, so she'll get to see both him and Kaytlin for the first time)
6. Getting to start exercising again (I had to stop when I was pregnant and then couldn't for 6 weeks after she was born)
7. Finishing the kitchen (We remodeled the kitchen earlier this year. Next year I'm hoping to finish it off by putting on the back-splash. This is a goal that I'm hoping we can do. You can read about our remodel here and here and here.)
8. Paying down some debt. This we are excited about doing this January! Paying down debt is always a big deal for me!
9. Kaytlin getting bigger. The infant stage is not my favorite. It is really difficult for me because I have trouble knowing what the baby wants and when you throw in acid reflux and the baby screaming while you're trying to nurse in addition to other times of the day, infancy is really not something that I enjoy. I'm looking forward to watching her grow into a walking/talking toddler.
10. Planning the next adults-only getaway with David, Sr. We try to go on a trip every year, but this year we might not be able to pull it off since I breastfeed, but we can plan on where we want to go! This year we went to New Orleans.
11. Planning a Christmas 2012 trip to Iowa. We haven't seen Grandma Piehl in almost 3 years, so we are thinking about making this the year of visiting Grandmas. We're excited about it!
12. Allyssa's preschool graduation
No comments:
Post a Comment