I've been working SOOOOO hard to get lesson plans finished for the first 6 weeks of school. I did it! I finished today, and now just need to go back to week 1 and gather what I need and review. I'm hoping that this will make it so much easier at the beginning of each week.
Tomorrow, we're heading to the library to pick up the first 4 weeks of books that I need. I figured that 4 weeks at a time would be plenty to ensure that I actually had the books when I needed them.
Here's hoping that I can keep on top of things and stay ahead of Allyssa. We aren't taking long breaks for holidays due to David's work schedule. We hope to have a longer summer break to do some fun reading and any projects that we wanted to do and didn't get done. Also, this hopefully will help us if someone gets sick or we go visit someone.
Our main curriculum (Tapestry of Grace) is on a quarter system. The idea is that at the end of each quarter, you have a party that highlights all the work that you've done during that time. I haven't figured out how I'm going to handle that. I'm hoping that these first 9 weeks go by smoothly and take us 9 weeks. If so, then we'll be on target to start the next 9 weeks without a hitch, but I'm not sure if we'll take a couple of days off of school or just jump right in on the next quarter. If you have had experience with this, I'd love to hear about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment