Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A peak into my night...

David is working late tonight. The dog was knocking at the door asking for food. (She does actually knock on the door at around 9:30 if she hasn't been fed yet.)

I go to the door and switch on the light. I open the door and peak out. I think about snakes. I haven't seen a snake in several weeks.

Me (looking around outside): Are there any snakes?
Aiti (wags her tail)
Me: There might be snakes. I'll go get a flashlight.
(closes door; gets flashlight; opens door)
Aiti (wags tail)
Me: There might be snakes. (scans area to shed with flashlight, wearily because snakes are tricky and they can evade a flashlight's light)
Aiti (wags tail)
Me (walks over to shed cautiously; stops at door): Aiti! Come here. Are there any snakes? You look.
Aiti (comes over; sniffs at door)
Me (opens door): Do you see any? You look.
Aiti (peaks in door)
Me (walks over to grab pan; walks back to shed; fills up pan): There might still be a snake. Come here.
Aiti (comes back from wandering off)
Me (close shed door; put food on patio): Goodnight Aiti. (sigh of relief; goes inside)

No comments:

Post a Comment