Monday, November 26, 2012

Staging with kids

The kids have been very nice about staging. We put some of their toys away, but when we were all done, Allyssa said, "Mom, we need to get a box to put more of my toys away because the house needs to be staged."

David, Jr.'s comment was very amusing. He said, "Are you taking down the walls?"
I didn't know what that meant. I said, "We aren't doing anything to the walls."
"Oh. Will the new house have walls already?
"Yes, The new house will have walls."
"Oh, then we won't have to take clocks. The new house will have clocks."
"No, we'll need to bring our clocks."

On another occasion, David, Jr. asked if we'd be taking our new carpet with us. So funny.

Staging a home is a never ending cleaning process. From the moment that you wake up, there are things to do. Make beds, get dressed, make sure all dressers (kids, remember?) are closed and bed clothes put away, teeth brushed, sinks cleaned, bathrooms wiped down, breakfast made, kitchen cleaned from that, table cleaned, dining room floor cleaned, things the kids got out put away, floor swept. Add making sure all lights are on before you leave for the day just in case there is a showing, and the time it takes to get ready for the day easily doubles, and dawdling is strictly forbidden. You'd never get done because the kids keep playing. It is a never ending cycle. And that is just to spend half an hour at the store. As soon as you get home from that, all groceries need to be in their places with sun-shiny faces. By the time that is done, the kids certainly got out toys that need to be put away. Or maybe it is time to make lunch, and that means dirty sink, counters, table, dishes, etc.

It is a never ending process. I envy those who move while all their children are in school. That is several hours in which kids are not at home.

Come buy my house! I want to buy Christmas presents, but I can't because then I'd have to find a home for them. I want to decorate for Christmas, but I'm scared someone would want to see the house right in the middle of the boxes of Christmas stuff mess.

So, please, help me be more sane. My house is lovely. You know you want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment