There is a first time for everything.
Watching other people's babies is not something that I pictured that I would be doing at this point in my life. I mean, I have 3 young ones of my own.
Today, I spent 3 hours holding other people's kids and being cried on, drooled on, and noses wiped on my shirt. Thankfully, the other two workers changed all the diapers. I wonder how long they'll do that. I think I'll milk this "new girl" gig as long as I can if it means I don't have to change extra diapers.
It really wasn't bad. It was nice to know that in a few short hours these babies with all their drool would be given back to their mommas who needed the break oh so much. I remember this break in routine when Allyssa was little was really nice. Hopefully, these moms found it really nice, too.
Kaytlin had a great time in her class. She was in a class with other two year olds. They played and ate goldfish. It was right up her alley. When I left the room leaving her behind, she just walked over to the toys and dug in. That's Kaytlin for you. When I drop her off at Sunday School, she says, "Bye, Mom!" and walks over to her teacher to give her a hug.
David did not want me to leave though. He doesn't really like to get out and about. He'll happily play at our house by himself rather than go anywhere. He was sort-of excited to go though. He said in the car on the way there with a smile, "Mom, I think this will be like school." When I picked him up, he was the last kid left (I'm one of the helpers so I have to wait until the last kid I'm watching is picked up to leave). He was happy and still playing. He took me over to see his coloring sheets. I asked him what he learned because I heard that he was going to do a Bible story. He told me about it. I asked if he played with any new friends. He said no. When we got home he told me he'd rather not go again. I told him that we would go again in a couple of weeks. Hopefully he'll warm up to the idea of it.
I did something for the first time ever in my classroom. I mixed a bottle of formula. I was so glad the mom had pre-measured. I would have been lost. I asked one of the other workers, "Do I shake it or stir it with this little thingy?" She laughed at me. Who wouldn't? I would have laughed at me, too. I mean, how does a mom with three kids not know what to do with a bottle?! The little boy I fed was quite happy to get his bottle - shaken, not stirred. This little guy will grow up loving James Bond, I'm sure of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment