Wednesday, January 22, 2014

History

We've listened to lots and lots of books in the car since we moved here. I've about ran out of age appropriate books. We listened to most of the American Girl series, Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, The Secret Garden, The Chronicles of Narnia, Pippi Longstocking, Anee of Green Gables, among others. It has gotten really tricky to find good things to read. Recently though, I came across The Story of Our World.

It is actually a history curriculum. When we were homeschooling and I was looking for a new curriculum for history because the one I was using wasn't working, this was my first choice. I wound up not needing to get it because we moved and Allyssa started going to school.

It has been really fun for me to listen to it. It has been a bit tricky at times explaining which parts are mythical stories or stories from the culture and not true. It would probably be easier if we were reading the book. Overall though, it has been great.

I've learned quite a bit along the way, too. Who knew that there were so many stories of kings who were put into baskets as babies and sent down rivers only later to come back and rule the land? 

No comments:

Post a Comment