Allyssa started sneaking books to bed several weeks ago. A couple of nights after she started, she ratted herself out to me. She was surprised that my response was, "Oh, you need a better flashlight."
I don't mind that Allyssa wants to read before going to sleep, especially in the summer when she doesn't have to be up at 6am. I've enjoyed knowing that each night she has read a whole book, cover to cover before going to sleep.
Last night she read Mary Poppins. It surprises me sometimes that she will read a long book like that in one night, and I often wonder how late she stays up reading. There isn't a clock in her room though, so I can't ask her. I should probably remedy that.
I asked her what she thought of the book. She did remember the movie from seeing it fairly recently. She said, "It wasn't as funny as the movie, but I did like that it had the part about the zoo. Mary Poppins was really strict though." I love that she was able to pick out a part that wasn't in the movie as a part that she really liked.
I wonder how the school year will change her nightly reading habits.
No comments:
Post a Comment