Thursday, January 14, 2016

Post-Christmas



We had such a good Christmas this year. After celebrating Christmas at home and church, we went to my parents and then to my husband’s parents to visit and celebrate some more! We got to see snow, which was a special treat for my kids, and visit with our sisters and their families in addition to our parents. 



It rained on Epiphany, so I waited to take down the outdoor decorations until the next day. As I was taking them down, I noticed that my Easter Lilly is already sprouting up. I got the Easter Lilly a couple of years ago for a dollar at Aldi. It was after Easter Sunday, and the plant was looking very rough. I put it in the ground anyway, and wondered what it would look like the next year. I wasn’t sure if it would even sprout up, but it did! And it is getting ready to grow again this year. With Lent coming early this year, I was thinking how nice it is for the Easter Lilly to be sprouting already. It is a reminder in this coming time of fasting and prayer that Christ is arisen and through His death and resurrection, we too can have life and hope in the resurrection that is to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment