Thursday, September 17, 2009

Life here...

Things here have been a bit hectic for several weeks now. (Why is that?)

At four months, David's doctor took him off of acid reflux medicine. I thought that it was a mistake, but I'm not the doctor, and she said that at 4 months most kids with this problem are okay. Then the moving process began and we got so busy that we didn't pay attention to exactly what was bothering David. Oh, we knew he was bothered, but the doctor said that he was magically well. Family members and friends told us that his tummy hurt and that he probably had a food allergy. I wasn't convinced, but the thought of it being acid reflux had left my mind because, remember, that was long gone. Well, we went to the doctor for stuffiness the other day, turns out that was just stuffiness and he's just fine. The doctor asked how he was eating (trying to figure out about the stuffiness), and I said as good as normal, but that never was good. She asked what I meant and I described to her the problem. I told her that when he was younger he was on acid reflux meds. She said that he still has acid reflux and that is the problem. I asked if she was sure that it wasn't a food allergy (covering my bases even though I thought she was right). She insisted that it was not a food allergy and told me about a medicine to mix into his bottle. Stop. David has never had a bottle. I'm sorry, doc, but that's a no go. So we left with no help. HELLO!! Once I left I realized that I should have pushed for the liquid that he used to take. Duh. It worked. Thankfully, we have his well visit coming up in a few days, so we'll get this taken care of then, hopefully.

Allyssa on the other hand, was my after thought when making appointments. I called the office shortly before David's appointment and tacked her on. Good thing. She's having some asthma problems. Poor little girl. That day the coughing hadn't started, but it started that evening. It hasn't gotten better either. So we spend a few minutes watching random things on T.V. each day (she doesn't ever get to watch T.V., so this is special to her) so that we can do a neb treatment.

Both kids are doing well. Just hoping for healthy, happy kids soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment