Tuesday, March 30, 2010

David's birthday

Grandma and Grandpa came to visit during their Spring Break. They were here for Grandma and David's birthdays (on the same day). We had a great time at the Houston Children's Museum. On our way home we stopped at a Chick-fil-A for lunch. It happened to be a balloon day. Allyssa had decided a few weeks prior to David's birthday that birthdays mean balloons. This idea probably came from a book. I really don't know. I had forgotten about balloons until that morning (which was too late), so I was really happy to see the Chick-fil-A filled with balloons. Each of the kids took one home. They had a great time playing with them. We had cakes and ice cream after supper that night. It was really nice. We went in for David's 12 month check up a couple of days after his birthday. He is 24.31 pounds (73%) and 30 in tall (57%). The percentiles are a little different, but this isn't a big deal because he hasn't started walking yet. We think that part of the reason for the difference from last time is that we adjusted his diet because we were told that he was anemic. I didn't want to put him on iron drops if I could fix it with his diet. I probably fed him too much rice cereal and farina. I was told at the most recent visit that his iron was actually just on the line of normal, on the normal side. So really, I shouldn't have done that at all. Oh well. We've adjusted his diet again to reflect that he is not anemic. He is going to be retested at 15 months. David says a few words. He says "mama," "dada," "hea" (for head, he drops the last letter), "Aiti," "hi," and "hey." We have not figured out if he has a sound for Allyssa. He can identify his ear, head, and sometimes toes. He can howl like Aiti and baa like a sheep. His favorite thing to eat is oranges. He does not walk. He is a fast crawler. He climbs. A lot. Yesterday, he climbed to the top of our swing set ladder all by himself. He's fun and cute. Very laid back. Not fussy at all. Rarely complains. He loves Allyssa a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment