I didn't think that we'd be really busy this summer, but we are!
2 mornings a week I take the kids to my exercise class at a local church here. The kids play in the playroom next to the fellowship hall that we work out in ("play" is a term used loosely, they are actually sitting at my feet eating a snack or asking to be picked up; "in" is also a term used loosely as they actually are never in the room, but instead under my feet). The class is about an hour long.
1 morning a week we go to a 30 minute story time at the library. It is lead by the same lady that does the exercise class. The both enjoy going, and David is learning the motions to the songs!
The other days we fill somehow fill up. Every morning, even if something else is going on, we go see the horses that live a couple of blocks away from us. There are 4 of them now. 2 females, 1 adult male, and one baby male. One of the females loves to be petted, but isn't really nice. The other horses are all very nice. We don't bring them treats, they just really like to come up to the fence and let us pet them. The afternoons are filled with checking the mail (we walk a couple of blocks to get it and then make a lap around the neighborhood before coming home) and playing in our little pool.
Weekends are full, too. Some friends of ours have been out of town, so we've spent the afternoons at their house swimming in their pool. It has been a lot of fun seeing Allyssa get braver and braver in the water. We've been there somewhere between 4 and 6 times. They'll be back soon from their trip, but we've really enjoyed getting to "pool sit."
David got to go kayaking with a friend. I've had a couple of girls' nights out and a book club. David's had nightly meetings, too. We had VBS last week. I wasn't planning on taking the kids, but David needed some help and one day I was a crew leader, so they wound up there all week. They both enjoyed it.
We had a theft at our house. It wasn't a really big deal. Just bored kids. They didn't take much, just an umbrella stroller, a toy lawn mower, and another push toy. They came back once more (we hadn't noticed that it was stolen yet) and took my phone out of the garage as well. That taught us to close the garage door. My awesome sister-in-law, Sarah mailed us two phones to choose from (and some really cute dresses and a leotard for Allyssa). She even sent it super fast! That was a huge blessing because it is hard to function without a phone. I'm not tied to it or anything, but I do sometimes need to call someone for something or call the doctor's office or pharmacy (which did happen this week). Oh, and I need it to know what time it is. I'm lost without that!
In July we are looking forward to visiting the grandparents. We'll get to see David's and my parents for a couple of days each. My parents asked to keep the kids for a few extra days, so we'll get to drive all the way home with no kids in the car and might even finish painting the kids' rooms (started that last August) and the dining room (started that this January). Allyssa has spent a few days with Grandma and Papa twice before because they asked this past December to keep her for a few days and once when she was just about 2 years old (well actually they've been asking since she was about 6 months old), but this will be David's first time. I didn't let Allyssa when she was this young, but David is a different kid, and I'm not a first time mom.
David doesn't say a whole lot of words, but he is really good at making animal noises and truck noises. Both of the kids are healthy and happy! Yay for that!
No comments:
Post a Comment