Monday, March 18, 2013

Awesome Lutheran Mothers

I don't know these awesome Lutheran mothers, but I have come across their blogs and while I do not do everything that they do, I do glean some ideas from them and wish that I did more. I love the idea of using the church year and the liturgy as a way to develop love of these things and a stronger faith in children.

In our home we do memorizing. Our kids know the Apostle's Creed, the Lord's Prayer, the 10 Commandments and their meanings, Luther's Evening Prayer, all the books of the New Testament, and several hymns. What I see in these blogs is something that I don't always do well. These mothers take time to make things visual or active. They remember to bring in service towards one another (not that we don't, but we don't always put it into a vocational context). In my opinion, their additions make the liturgy and the church year alive and fun.

Church Year in the Home  has many ideas on her blog for food, fun, and learning resources to do in the home. This post which includes a Lenten calendar is a neat idea.

Of Green Tables also has many ideas on her blog for food, fun, and learning resources. This post is one about an Easter Vigil done at home.

Awesome Lutheran mothers are such an inspiration to me to learn more about the liturgy and church year and share this with my kids. I do hope that my children grow up loving it as much as I do. Indeed, to be able to sing the liturgy in one's home is a truly wonderful thing. I remember singing the liturgy as a child in my home. What joy it brought to me to sing it! I am happy to pass on this rich heritage that brings with it God's Word, the Law and the Gospel, teaching us, anchoring us in the one, true, faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment