Sunday, March 17, 2013

For Sale

The sign on the playhouse reads "For Sale 10cents."

Allyssa sold the playhouse to her brother for an acorn.

I asked her about the price, she said, "It is a little house. 10 cents sounds about right."
"Oh," I said, "How much did this house cost Daddy and me?"
"Oh, about $100."

She later told me that a car cost $20, and she will save up to buy one. Once she gets enough money, she plans to earn a little more so that she'll have some left over after she buys her car.

I explained to her that cars cost more than that and that when she works she'll have a give a chunk of that money over to the government. She was appalled that it was such a big amount that she'd have to relinquish. Then, she brightened, "I'm a hard worker. I'll just have to work harder."



1 comment:

  1. As I was just working on our taxes, this was particularly cute. Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete