Saturday, June 15, 2013

Homemade Pancake Mix

I started making my own pancake mix recently, and thought I'd share it.

Mix the following together in a bowl:
1 cup flour (I put in 3/4 cup unbleached flour and 1/4 cup whole wheat flour)
1 TBS brown sugar
3 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

Pour into a jar. And tag it with the following instructions:

Add:
1 egg
1 cup milk
2 TBS oil

Mix. Cook like pancakes.

I only mix one recipe at a time, and just repeat it for the number of jars I have.

I keep my jars in the refrigerator. We make pancakes once a week, so this will last us 3 weeks. We love to add fresh blueberries or strawberries, but they are also good without fruit. We like to top ours with pancake syrup or peanut butter, and sometimes Nuetella.

No comments:

Post a Comment