Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Summer

This summer is flying by, as I knew it would. We made a list of 43 things to do on Allyssa's summer vacation, mainly because Allyssa wasn't excited about summer coming. She loves school. Making the list helped her see that there were some things to look forward to as well. 
(Ignore the misspelled word; I wrote in marker and goofed up!)

We have 15 things left to do. Allyssa knows that school will be starting soon (we have one month left), and thinks we won't get to all of them. She said that it would be okay if we finished some on Saturdays. I think we'll get to them all. The ones I was most scared of putting on there are the ones that might not really happen. Hopefully we'll get them all done!

We've already bought some things for school. Crayons were on sale at Toys R Us this week (25 cents a box!), so we stopped by there when we were picking up photos at a nearby store. While there, I noticed that their backpacks were on sale and they had a free lunch box to go with it. Allyssa needed a new lunch box since I noticed that the one I bought in February contained lead and had a warning tag in it about how it wasn't safe. Why in the world would lead be in lunch box? I also found that their thermoses were on sale. We needed a couple more of those, too. We also stopped by Kohl's this week since my father-in-law had a 30% off coupon and his address here in the States is mine (thanks for the coupon!). We got two pairs of shoes for Allyssa (one for gym and one for regular use). Her feet have grown so much this summer. In February she wore a size 9. She complained a couple of days after school got out that her shoes hurt while she was with my mom, and my mom bought her size 10s. Then, a few weeks after that, I was going through some hand-me-downs and pulled out some 11s. They fit her. Then, today, I had her try on 12s and they were snug. I couldn't believe that she fit in a 13! What a growing girl!

Kaytlin has decided to be a big girl, too. This past week she expanded her vocabulary and started speaking in sentences.

David is learning to read. He can read short stories now. Such a big kid, too!

Like always,
summer goes by too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment