Sunday, August 18, 2013
First Day of First Grade
Allyssa missed school on Thursday because the whole day on Wednesday she ran a high fever. Thankfully, she was fine on Thursday and we just had a quiet day to recuperate at home and make sure that she was okay to go to school Friday.
Friday, she mentioned at breakfast that she was excited to get to see one of her friends in second grade at recess and that maybe she could play super heros with him. I was hoping that she would have a good day and that it wouldn't be too bad to have missed the first day. I dropped her off in her classroom, helped her find her desk and cubby for her lunchbox and backpack. Her teacher was talking with another parent, so I just popped in and helped situate her. Some of her friends in her class were excited to see her back. Others said things that made Allyssa frown, pointing out that Allyssa had missed the first day. I ignored it all figuring that she'd figure out how to handle things herself. Thankfully, she did.
David ate lunch with her and she was having a great day at that point. I asked her after school if she played with her second grade friend. She didn't, but she did see him at lunch sitting at a table behind her. She played an imagination game with a girl in her class going down the slides into their imaginary land.
The best part of her day, according to her, was art. She worked on making a puzzle.
She was bummed that yesterday was Saturday. She wanted to go to school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment