Birthdays in our house are simple. We do cake and ice cream. The kids each get one gift from us and one gift from their siblings.
Allyssa and David got Kaytlin ponies. I only had one idea for a gift and that was play dough, so Grandma and Grandpa Vandercook got her play dough (they live in China, and ask us to pick something out for her as it is much easier that way!). I let David pick out the ponies for her. He was so proud to have picked out such a cool gift. Allyssa picked out the little Barbie from us parents. Thank goodness we have kids to pick out the gifts because otherwise, she would have gotten nothing. Mommy was drawing a blank.
We walked through the store many, many times looking for something for her. Every time I would think of something, I would the remember that we already had it. Stroller for the baby doll: Got it. Puzzles: Oh yeah, have millions of those. I now understand why I had such different toys than my big sister as a kid. My parents probably felt they already had everything, too.
Thankfully, Kaytlin LOVED everything. She especially loved David and Allyssa playing nicely with her.
If you think her outfit is odd, tell her that. She insists that she picks out her own clothes every day. I don't mind. She is the birthday girl, you know.
On her birthday, we went to church and then after lunch she took a nap. We gave her plenty of left over cake and ice cream. That girl loves ice cream. She also loves salsa bowls. They are plastic, so they are in a low cabinet. They've become her favorites.
No comments:
Post a Comment