Rain was pouring down all morning on Halloween, so I was concerned that I'd have to face the rain with two soppy trick-or-treaters. Thankfully, it cleared out and the evening was beautiful.
We went in our neighborhood and a friend joined us for the walk. This was our first Halloween in this house. In our last house, we were lucky to get one trick-or-treater because we lived at the end of a cul-de-sac and were the only house on the block with their light on, and our cul-de-sac was a bit harder to get to than others.
I thought that we'd have more trick-or-treaters here, but as it turns out, we are in the same type of neighborhood. Our street is set back from the others in the neighborhood and while almost every house on our street had their light on, we were a bit too removed from the main road to get much traffic.
We had 6 treaters at our house. I sent a ton of lollipops with David to work to put in his candy jar in his office (which is a great reason to go visit him by the way).
Our kids though got boo-coos of candy. They are thrilled at the prospect of having enough candy to last them until next Halloween (their words, not mine, but probably accurate). They had a great time with their friend and learned a little bit about how to knock on doors politely. (We might need to work on that.)
David went as Camo-Man (he named the character himself) and carried a bow and arrow that he made himself. This was his third costume idea for the day.
Allyssa went as Pippi Longstocking, but got tired of the wire in her hair after a while and requested that I pull it out, then she pretty much just looked like herself.
No comments:
Post a Comment