Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter decorations

At our house, I clear the built-in bookcases that flank the fire place on Ash Wednesday and leave them bare until Easter. Other times of the year they might have greenery, roses, sea shells, fall foliage, and sometimes it is empty just because I don't know what to do with the space. The time during Lent though, I intentionally leave it empty. I get bored with it being empty and are sometimes tempted to put something up there, but I refrain.

Easter Sunday, I have a bucket full of empty Easter eggs set on the floor by the bookcases and after the kids are all up, I let them decorate the area. After egg hunting and emptying, they often go back and decorate the area with the new eggs.

Here are some photos from the decorating.





And here it what it looked like later after egg hunting.



No comments:

Post a Comment