Wednesday, April 23, 2014

More on Flowers

I actually do like flowers. They are so pretty, you know.
Today,  I went to Wal-mart and ran across a pile of potted tulips and lilies they were about to throw away because they didn't want to water them any more. They looked a little rough, but I bought 2 for $1.50 each and planted them in the front yard. I'm sure the neighbors will love looking at the almost dead plants this year, but next year, I'm hoping for pretty flowers in my flower bed. There is also a Wandering Jew in the flower bed and a bush that I think is an azalea. The tulips were yellow until my kids threw some deodorant on them in the store knocking one bloom off and dropped the plant on the ground on purpose when we were planting it. I separated the tulips into two groups with three bulbs in each group. We will just have to wait and see what happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment