Thursday, May 29, 2014

Summer Reading Programs: David, Jr.

After I finished Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons
I had trouble getting David to read books on his own. He would read things occasionally at home. He would read bottles and boxes. He would read billboards. He rarely read a book.

I was glad when summer reading programs picked up so that I would have a way to encourage him to read. We started out with the 8 book program from Barnes and Noble. He is so excited about it! He read two books one day, and then realized he only had to read 6 more to get a prize, so he decided to read them all in one day.

Here is what he has been reading:
Giant Machines

Combines (Machines at Work; Farm Machines)

Pete the Cat: Play Ball! (My First I Can Read)

Gossie (Gossie & Friends)

Why I Love You, God

I Spy Little Wheels

Biscuit's Walk in the Woods

Little Blue Truck Board Book

No comments:

Post a Comment