Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Summer Reading Programs: Allyssa

Allyssa is an avid reader. She devours books. She just finished reading 8 books for the Barnes and Noble Summer Reading program, so we got to go choose a book from the store for free. Barnes and Noble has a list of books to choose from. I had already done some research on the books via Amazon.com and chosen the book that I would allow her to pick. There weren't a lot of options for books for kids her age at her reading level. I only found 2 that I thought qualified. One of them was Just Grace (The Just Grace Series). I didn't like the reviews that I saw on it stating that the character was "snotty," "sassy," and "not very nice." The other option was Never Girls #1: In a Blink (Disney Fairies) (A Stepping Stone Book(TM)). I read the reviews and thought that while it wasn't Allyssa's favorite genre, she would likely read it and like it just fine.

I also let her pick out a book from the store. She picked out Meet Caroline: An American Girl (American Girls Collection). She hadn't read the Caroline stories yet, so she was excited about this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment