I like to pick a few things each summer to have the kids learn about. Last summer I let Allyssa pick and she chose learning about some states. She learned about their shape, plants, animals, people from there, and where it was located in the United States. This summer, I decided to choose for her.
One of the things that I chose for her to learn is skip counting. I made a chart for her that says that if she can memorize skip counting 2s, 3s and 4s and recite them to both me and her dad separately, I would treat her and her siblings to a morning snack at her favorite restaurant, Chick-fil-A.
Oh the tears! She just couldn't learn her 4s.
Then she did. Last night she easily recited all three sets to us, so today on her birthday, she got treated to a snack!
Now, she's trying to convince David to memorize it so that we can go again!
Next up: Skip counting 5s, 6s, and 7s
No comments:
Post a Comment