Friday, October 22, 2010

Fall Activities

I love all the Fall activities that can fill so many days. After a summer that was filled with daily trips to the park in the morning and afternoons in the wading pool in our front yard (literally, that is what we did EVERY day), I was ready for a change of pace. I was glad to see the little pool strapped to the ceiling of the garage. Now the days have more options. Every once in a while a play date pops up. School is three mornings a week. Preschool Playhouse is in session again for Monday mornings. We have Story Time on Tuesdays (we had that over the summer, but now it is just David with me and I get to enjoy it differently than when I have two kids with me). There are pumpkin patches to be seen. Fall festivals going on. The Halloween activities at churches, the zoo, and the Bass Pro Shops. October fest. Really the list could go on and on. I feel like I just can't get it all in, and I want to so badly. I even want to do it all twice. Maybe it was because our summer was so slow. Maybe it is because these are times when I feel like memories are made. I don't know about that thought though. Will Allyssa remember that she wore a leotard and a pink tutu with a tiara to the Bass Pro Shops to get candy and make a pumpkin mask? Maybe not. Maybe I'm trying to make memories of my own. Maybe her favorite will be the afternoons that Mommy sweated to death in the heat laughing at the kids drinking water from a hose just like she did at as a kid or giggling over kids in a bucket full of water. Either way, these are great times.

No comments:

Post a Comment