Friday, October 1, 2010

Lovely...

When I was 15 a dentist told me that I might be able to keep my wisdom teeth because there might be enough room. Terrified of having them removed even though I could tell that there was not enough room, I let them come all the way in and then discovered that there was no option but to remove them. When Allyssa was 7 months old, all four of them were removed. Of course, it would have been smarter to do that before babies.

When I was 19, I was told that I needed to have a tonsillectomy. I waited until I was healthy, got another opinion, and did not get one. When I was 12, a doctor encouraged me to get allergy testing. The tonsillectomy is absolutely in my near future. I'll have a CT scan soon to see if anything else needs to be worked on while they do the tonsillectomy. After my CT scan, the doctor will discuss with me allergy testing. Most likely, he'll be recommending that. Ugh...

Boy, if I could go back, I'd have done all this pre-children. Ugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment