Sunday, October 10, 2010

Update on Allyssa's meds and other stuff

We went to an allergist this past week for Allyssa. It was such a busy day. MOPS in the morning for David and I and preschool for Allyssa, a quick lunch, out the door by 12:15, drive all the way to Sugarland (an hour), spend 2 1/2 hours there, then the drive home just in time for supper. We were told to stop the humidifiers in both kids' rooms (I always wondered why a doctor would say to put a humidifier in a kid's room in Houston, but that's what I was told to do). We switched from an inhaler and a flexhaler (breathe in a powder) back to the nebulizer. We're going to do allergy testing next week. It will also be in Sugarland on Thursday afternoon. David, Jr. won't go that day though because I'm afraid to bring him along to that. The 2 1/2 hours last week about killed us all. She has an office in Katy, but they are booked right now. After we get the immediate stuff taken care of, we'll switch offices. Allyssa is glad to be back on the nebulizer because it means that she gets to watch TV again. She usually doesn't get to watch it at all besides a couple of DVDs that have kids singing music on it (but even that is occasionally), so this is pretty big for her.

Other than that, it is Columbus Day tomorrow, so our normal trip to Chick-fil-A for Preschool Playhouse (craft, songs, Bible Story) is canceled due to the school holiday in Katy. We tried to get some friends together to go to a pumpkin patch, but their pumpkins weren't in on Thursday. When I called early in the afternoon Friday, the office was closed. They, of course, didn't answer on Saturday. Churches usually don't on Saturdays. Anyways, so I put together a play date at my house. Got paints, crafty stuff, snack, and pinata that Allyssa and I made. We're excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment