Monday, January 3, 2011
The bike
Allyssa got a bike for Christmas. She's FAST! It is a 2-wheeler with training wheels. When she gets going, I have to jog to keep up. After our mile long ride, she wasn't done yet, so I had her ride around the cul-de-sac. In the cul-de-sac, she wiped out pretty badly. She didn't get scraped up. Her helmet was a life-saver. Well, not literally, she didn't fall that hard, but she would have hit her head had it not been for the helmet. She was very upset, but I was calm. I reminded her that EVERYONE falls off their bikes. Mommy fell off. Daddy fell off. Then I asked her what Daddy does when he falls off. She straightened up and said, "He gets right back on." Then she asked for a drink. I got her a drink, she took a sip, got back on, and was off. What a big girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment