We are moving around January 22nd to our new home. We close on our current home on January 14th, but we are allowed to stay in it until the 25th. We are excited about our new home. Allyssa and David are most thrilled about the backyard. As you see the backyard has a couple of major perks. We're going to be about half an hour from our church, so I'll have to adjust my routine for that. We've been walking to church on Sunday mornings (and some throughout the week), but that won't be an option any more. As a kid, my family always had a 30 minute drive to church, so I'm sure that it will become part of our new routine soon.
David's last Sunday here, at Trinity, is December 30th. His last day is the 31st. He's been packing up boxes of books and taking them to Our Savior when we go up there to see the new house or the new school. He'll be installed on January 6th during the morning worship service (9:30am).
We had the opportunity to meet some of the staff at a Christmas party earlier this month. There is a large staff at Our Savior, so I was a bit overwhelmed. I try to think back and remember names, but I know that it will take me a while to learn them (I'm not super good at that). The staff and their spouses alone are about the size of one of the churches that I attended as a child (and the other one wasn't much larger than that). I'm so glad that we have kids so that as I drop them off for school or Sunday school, I'll get to meet other parents. The kids have a way of helping me get to know people.
The church is beautiful. We have a video about the construction of the the sanctuary which has been fun to watch. It is one of Allyssa's requested things to watch on Sunday afternoons or during her neb treatments.
Allyssa will be starting Kindergarten there in late January. She is currently homeschooled. She is looking forward to going to school very much. She's excited about her classroom, her teacher, and getting to know the kids in her class. She got to spend a little while in her classroom one day this month. She came home with lots of stories about what is hanging on the wall, what happens at birthday parties (we happened to go when someone was having a birthday celebration), and things that her teacher says ("One, two, three. Eyes on me." (which she likes to say to David now.)).
The school is a Lutheran Classical school. We are very happy about that. We classically school at home, so this is a very good fit for our family. We had decided that we wanted our children classically schooled a year or so ago, and we'd decided we wanted our children to go to a Lutheran school prior to that. Where we currently are, homeschooling was our only option to both classically educate our children and to do so in a Lutheran setting. We are looking forward to the support that we will gain from sending our kids to the Lutheran school at Our Savior.

No comments:
Post a Comment