Thursday, August 14, 2014

Potato Crust Quiche

I wasn't in the mood one day to make a pie crust for my quiche, so I decided to try making a potato crust. It was really easy and very tasty; in fact, it has become our favorite crust for quiche!

We have a Ninja, and this is one of the recipes that I use it for. It is nice that there are very few dirty dishes and that I don't have to chop much at all. I can put in a hunk of leftover ham without cutting it at all. I also don't have to worry about grating cheese because it will grind it up, too! This makes the meal very quick to make and the clean up easy since the Ninja is used for both the crust and the filling. I don't worry about washing it in between, and just mix up the filling while I wait for the crust to cook.





Potato Crust Quiche

3 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 onion, cut in half
salt/pepper to taste (1/4 teaspoon or so of each)
2 tablespoons of butter
8 eggs
1 to 2 cups of ham
1/2 cup evaporated milk (freeze the rest for later recipes)
1/2 cup sour cream
8 oz Swiss cheese
salt/pepper to taste (1/4 teaspoon or so of each)
1 cup spinach (if frozen, thawed and drained)

Put the potatoes and 1/2 of the onion in a food processor with salt and pepper. Blend until it is the consistency of mashed potatoes. Pour into a deep dish pie plate. Dot with butter. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes, until crust is browned on top.

Baked Potato Crust
Put the remaining onion, eggs, ham, milk, sour cream, cheese, spinach, and salt and pepper in the food processor. Mix it up!
Filling all mixed up

Pour the filling into the pie plate on top of the cooked crust
Pour on top of cooked potato crust. Cook for 40 to 50 min at 325 until the inside is firm and not liquidy. You might have to cover the top with foil to prevent it from getting too brown part way through cooking.

Cool for 10 minutes until slicing.


No comments:

Post a Comment