Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First day of preschool

Allyssa went to preschool for the first time today. When she woke up this morning, she asked, "What day is today?" I said, "Tuesday." She asked, "Is it Daddy's birthday?" I replied, "No, but today is the first day of preschool." She was excited, and she asked if she could pack her backpack. We put a change of clothes in her backpack, but she also wanted some thing in the small pockets in the front. The small pockets wouldn't fit hardly anything, so I was racking my brain to figure out what to put in there. Eventually, I decided to put in a note that said "Mommy [heart] Allyssa!" I also put one in from David, and Daddy put one in, too. I had to leave early with David to get a Meet the Parents event ready that MOPS was hosting to give the parents a chance to eat some doughnuts and visit. Daddy took Allyssa to school a few minutes later. When they got there, I took her into class. She did her usual walk around funny thing that she does when we get to a new place that has several people. Then, from what Miss Jessica says, she found a book, took it to Miss Jessica and asked her to read it for her.

When she got home, I asked her about her day. I knew that she had a snack, so I asked her what she had, Goldfish and apple juice. I asked her if she played outside on the playground. She said that she did, and then she went on to tell me how she misbehaved. Miss Jessica told the kids to stay out of the playground that is being renovated and to play on the other playground. Allyssa said, "Miss Jessica said no, but I was escaping!" We got to have a lovely conversation this afternoon about how Miss Jessica is her teacher, and when Miss Jessica says not to play in that playground, she shouldn't. I told her how Miss Jessica likes her and is trying to keep her safe. Allyssa seemed to understand, we'll see tomorrow!

Allyssa also asked when she would go back to preschool. She wants to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment