Sunday, August 1, 2010

What a summer!

This summer has sure shaped up to be full. I didn't think it would, but a few days before June began, I turned the page in the calendar, grabbed the church calendar, and filled it in. I filled it in so much that there were only 3 days without something written in. There were doctor appointments, my birthday, Allyssa's birthday, trips to the zoo, VBS; David had meetings and basketball; I had exercise class; there was Story Time, oh the list could go on and on. By the time the month ended, it felt like we hadn't had a chance to sit down, so I sat down to look at July's calendar. The month was just as busy with only three days without something going on again. There were birthday parties to attend, meetings, Book Club, the LCMS convention, dentist appointments, exercise class, the list could go on, but I'll save you all and tell you about the best part...vacation!!

We got to go up to Wylie to visit David's parents. Sarah (his sister) was there with her kids, Micah, Nathan, and Cali. We got to go to the park with them, play in a small pool, shoot water guns, make bead animals, and read lots of books. After they left, David and I took the kids to a splash pad. It was so cool! A splash pad is a city park that has cool things that shoot water out to get you all wet. This one also had the coolest playground in the world! We had so much fun! The next day, we went to the Children's Museum with David's parents.
We headed to my parents' house one day and drove up to the lake for a picnic snack and "hike." Oh and fishing, but that wasn't a big deal. Just kidding! Fishing is all the rage for my two kids! They loved trying to catch fish. Grandma and Papa even put lures on their lines to help them pretend that they got fish. They thought that it was great! Then they fed the fish corn. Seriously. The took kernels of corn and dropped it in the water. The fish really like corn. We saw several fish coming to get the corn the kids threw in. My sister, Cristy, and her husband, Jay, brought Kyle over. Kyle is one month older than David. The kids had a great time playing together. Grandma and Papa's house backs up to a field where a horse lives. David LOVES horses. The horse was very friendly and let us pet it. David and I left the kids there and headed home, via Muenster where we stopped to get some really good sausage and cheese at Fischer's. When we got home, we prepped the house for painting. We painted some, got to go to a Superchic[k] concert and dinner hosted by a local radio station. By the time the kids got home, we got several chores done around the house including painting stripes in their rooms and painting the dining room. Here's a shot of Allyssa's room. The other pictures are still on the camera, but I'll post more from our vacation and painting soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment