Saturday, August 21, 2010

Profession: Mom

There aren't many moms that I know of who desire to stay at home the entire time that their children are at home. From the birth of the first to the high school graduation of the last. Maybe there are more moms than I think, but if there are, they aren't advertising it to me anyways. This mom does in her blog.

I'm a professional mom. I hope to be one for at least another 17 years. It isn't easy. It is very rewarding. I was reminded of that today. Today, I was gone...all day...for a meeting that I worked hard for. I put in over 25 hours to get ready for that meeting, only to come home to work for a few more hours on it, and have a list of things to do a mile long. When I came home, I saw my kids excited to see me. I knew what happened while I was gone because I see it every day. I'm at home for the hug after David's too short nap, Allyssa's dance on her way to play in her room, the argument over a toy, the wet diaper, the child who must take forever in the bathroom. It might not make sense to any one but me, but this is my routine. My kids. I'm there when Allyssa talks about God thinking she's fun, when she asks about what we'll wear in heaven. I'm there when David folds his hands to pray. I'm there when they fall and when they dance. It isn't easy. It isn't always fun, but I wouldn't want anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment