Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What a day!

Starting off a day on little sleep is never good.

I didn't sleep well last night because I kept waking up thinking it was time to take David, Jr. to Texas Children's Hospital for his MRI and CT scan. I never have to set an alarm, but I did this morning because we had to leave at 6am.

As I headed out the door, Allyssa woke up. I knew it might be a tough morning for David, Sr. trying to get her ready for school since I'm the one who does it. I reminded him that it was picture day and left.

David didn't mind the waiting room, but he HATED the name bracelet that he had to wear. He kept trying to take it off.

He didn't like getting his clothes changed into a gown, his temperature taken, or his blood pressure taken. He liked the toys in the second waiting room.

It took four grow-ups to hold him down so that he would take the mask delivering some "candy air" as the nurse called it. Then he was out. For over 2 hours.

When I finally got to go back to see him, he was asleep still. He didn't wake up on his own. The nurse had to wake him. He was groggy and thrashed around a bit. Finally, he calmed down. He wouldn't drink anything, so I took it with me. He drank it in the car.

At home he was hungry. It was almost time for lunch, and he hadn't had anything to eat since 7pm the night before. I gave him a snack, but he barely touched it. He wouldn't eat his lunch because he wanted his snack back.

His nap was 40 minutes long. Boo.

David, Sr. told me at lunch that he dressed Allyssa in the same clothes she was in for her last picture.

What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment