One perk of getting married is that you are no longer alone. Need a date for an event? It is built right into the marriage. Lucky you! Need to make a decision that is really tough? Also, built right into the marriage. You've got someone there to help you along the way.
Sometimes though, the spouse is at work or busy with something that needs to get done.
Today was one of those days. I wanted to go to an event here in town, but I didn't want to go it alone. Alone meaning me and two kids. We missed out on a really fun event because I didn't want to do it by myself. The kids don't know it was even occurring, but I know.
It isn't easy for me to decide, especially on a drizzly day like today, to do things that might be fun even if it means more work for me. Occasionally, I do, like this past October we went to an event at a garden shop. It was a lot of fun. The kids painted pumpkins, colored, bounced in a bounce house, planted their own plants. It was a good time!
Next time, I'm hoping to be a little more brave.
No comments:
Post a Comment