I have always found in interesting when people talk of curfews.
I never had one.
My parents never told me what time to come home from anything. They expected me to be at church on Sunday morning, but they let me decide what time to get in to assure that I'd be there. Before I'd leave for something, they say, "What time are you going to be home?" They never once told me that I'd chosen too late of a time. Usually, I was home early.
I don't think I ever had a bedtime either. Even when I was little, I don't remember a time being assigned to when I went to bed. I know when I was young, mom and dad would tell me to go get ready for bed. They probably did that at about the same time every day. When I was a teen, they never told me to go to bed at all. When I was ready to go, I just went. Sometimes they were still awake, sometimes they had already gone to bed.
I never knew any different, so I never thought anything of my self-imposed curfews or bedtimes.
Anyways. I just think it is interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment