Those were the words of my daughter's prayer today. We drive by a Baptist church, a Catholic church, and a Mormon church pretty much every day. Allyssa knows that we have friends at both the Catholic church and the Baptist church. She had asked specifically if they know who Jesus is. We her yes. I guess it was only a matter of time before she asked about the Mormons. This happened about two months ago. She asked about the Mormon church, and I told her that we don't know anyone who goes there, but that they don't know Jesus. She thought about that for while and told me that she gets to go to heaven because of Jesus. I confirmed her answer. The next question I guess was inevitable. She asked what happens to the people who don't know Jesus. I told her that they go to hell. She asked me what hell is and I told her that it is where the Devil lives. She knows a song about the Devil and knows that he is bad, specifically that he is tricky. At that time she asked to pray for the Mormons. She wants them to know Jesus so they can go to heaven, too. Since that day, I hadn't heard a lot about the Mormons. Occasionally, she tells me that the Devil is in hell and that he is tricky.
Today, during the middle of supper she said. "Mommy,are the Mormons going to hell?" I made her dad answer that one. He told her that they don't know Jesus and that yes, they will hell. He also told her that we can tell them about Jesus so that they will know. That way they can go to heaven, too. She thought for a minute then prayed
"Dear God, please help someone tell the Mormons about Jesus. I want them to go to heaven, too."
She truly was with compassion for those who don't know Jesus, specifically the Mormons today. I pray that she always is moved to tell people about Jesus.
She then said, "Hell is not fun. Heaven is fun. We won't read Mommy books there. They are boring."
Who knew? Apparently parenting books belong in hell.
No comments:
Post a Comment