"What if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are your mercies in disguise" from Blessing by Laura Story
Where did the gospel go in this song? Trials are not mercy. In fact they are the exact opposite. There was only one trial that ever gave mercy and it was done a few thousand years ago on a Friday on a cross. And it surely wasn't merciful to the one hanging there. In my trials, I do not find mercy. And neither do you. The mercy that we get through Jesus is anything but a storm. Mercy is sweet. Dictionary.com defines mercy as "an act of kindness, compassion, or favor." Does that sound like a hard night to you?
I didn't think so.
Dear Laura Story,
Please quit trying to make a song to "move me" as KSBJ puts it, and give me a song that has something that I can hold on to.
Love,
Laura
No comments:
Post a Comment