This past winter when the bugs got going again, probably around December or January, a fly came in the house. David, Jr. got really scared of it. Really, really scared. Last fall he was stung by a bee and I was really afraid when it happened. It must have made a big impact on him since he became scared of bugs. We've been working with him to try to make it more bearable. He really was panicking horribly. He now is able to not panic and sometimes will even just say, "Shoo. Go away fly." He says it in a scared voice, but at least he says it. Usually he says, "Bug! Bug!" until someone rescues him from it. It is much better than it was though. He is not scared of ants.
He is scared of toads. We have at least 11 toads that live under the sidewalk by our front door. They came out in the rain a couple of days ago. David did not want to walk past them or get too close (10 feet was as close as he was comfortable).
That being said, David really likes snakes. I wouldn't have guessed that. He has a picture of snakes on his wall that he had me tear out of a magazine. We went to see the snakes at the zoo today, and he was quite happy about it. He told me later that he liked the baby snakes the best.
I've also noticed the distinct difference between my kids. A lot of it surely has to do with gender. You know, I never noticed how many trucks I passed on the road until David started talking. I think he might always love to see trucks. He also likes to tell us about the trains or fire trucks on his shirts. They are "going" by the way. "Train going." "Fire truck going." Don't try to tell him that they aren't (his sister thinks that's fun) because he will cause such a raucous letting you know that they are in fact going that there really is no contest.
No comments:
Post a Comment